Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July 2012 Recap and Favorites

July was another busy month. It has now been two months since the blog launch!

My favorite posts in July:

I shared the project I made for a friend, binding and decorating Gala Darling's eBook, Love and Sequins.


I wrote about turning 25 and shared my list of "fun goals" for before I turn 26, wore red, white, and blue for Independence Day, and baked mini donuts for the first time ever. They were delicious!


The wonderful team at Newbreed Girl sent me a birthday t-shirt after seeing my wish list post in June, and I wore my comfy new RARR monster shirt on vacation. I attended Urban Craft Uprising, the major Seattle craft fair with my friends Thamires and Carolyn. We discovered tons of awesome independent artists and bought some new handmade goodies! I also shared some of the sillier pictures from my balloon blog launch photoshoot with Zoe.


A group of us went to see Florence and the Machine in concert to celebrate my friend Olivia's 25th birthday, and I shared a few articles I've read lately. I commissioned a super cute portrait by the talented Daisy of BouxWho, which is now my profile picture. My first NatureBox arrived and I reviewed the snacks in it. Finally, my absolute favorite post for the month was my Artist of the Month interview with Jenny Holiday!


In addition to the blogs I shared in my June recap and favorites post, which I still read and adore, I have a few more favorites to share for this month.

Blogs I enjoyed reading this month:

Macarons & Stilettos by Aubree - I am always excited when Aubree has a new post - she has such an eye for finding cute, kawaii goods and inspirational photos. I am always a little afraid for my wallet when I read her blog, though! =) Her recent post about Totoro Graffiti embodies two of my favorite things!

Pajamie by Jamie - As soon as I landed on Jamie's page, I knew I had struck gold (or pastel rainbows, which I argue is even better). I have been completely enamored by pastels as of late, and I don't think that is going away. Totally digging Jamie's cute, kitschy, and colorful but not overdone style - I have a serious case of decor envy. Plus, her response to my comment on her Sea Foam Holiday post made me crack up... in an "I'm a terrible person because I think murderous hermit crabs are funny" kinda way.

Dreams are Necessary by Claire - First off, great name - something we all need to remember. And I love Claire's Monday Etsy Loves posts - she has introduced me to plenty of awesome indie shops. I also bought an adorable pin from her shop - it arrived today and I couldn't be happier with it. You'll see that in a future outfit post sometime!

Scathingly Brilliant by Kate Gabrielle - Kate's posts are typically short and sweet, almost always involving cute outfits. She always puts together the cutest looks, favoring dresses, pastels, and scallop collars. Plus, her writing style and sense of humor (with frequent references to awkwardness) make me smile.

************************************************************************

All in all, July was a busy but great month! I also may have some fun news to share soon... =)

12 comments:

  1. Just read you comment over on the shine project and thought is was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ryan - I really appreciate that!

      Delete
  2. The mini donuts look so cute and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it seems like your blog has existed so much longer but it's only two months! You made some wonderful posts :) xo Dorien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dorien! I spent a lot of time preparing for my blog launch... =) I appreciate your visit and comment!

      Delete
  4. Lovely post Kelsea! I am now a new follower of Jenny Holiday's blog. Awesome artwork they have, I want it all :)
    Thanks!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susanne! Glad to hear you are following Jenny's blog - it is so worthwhile!!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the feature! I'm so happy you love the brooches
    Looking foward to seeing the post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are SO, so cute!! Can't wait to wear them either! =)

      Delete
  6. hey there, im just stopping by because i read your comment on the shine project's chicfila post and i want to say THANK YOU for voicing your opinion. i just left my comment, too, and was surprised i was one of maybe 5 dissenters. but thank you, for being a voice of reason and love (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ash! I usually stay out of really controversial topics but I really had to say something that time - it just felt so wrong seeing that post on a blog that was created to inspire. I was surprised that there weren't too many dissenters either, but then again, a lot of people may have felt that way and been too afraid to say anything. And I wouldn't blame them. Thanks for your message!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate it so much! I moderate, so don't be worried if your comment takes some time to appear. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...