I loved the lighting and stage. Florence was basically a dancing luminous bohemian fairy!
Now that you have seen the pretty pictures, I have some reading to share with you. I read a lot of blogs and a few random articles each day. I generally flag my favorites - cool DIY's, recipes I want to try, artwork I discovered, pretty posts, or articles/posts I enjoyed. So today I thought, why not share a few of them here (plus my thoughts)?
- Ashley wrote "A Hero in the Midst of Tragedy," a tribute to one of the twelve movie-goers (someone she knew personally) who died in Colorado just after midnight on Friday. After a lot of contemplation, I almost wrote a post about it, but I just don't have anything of enough substance to say. Just read Ashley's post.
- EDIT: Adam has taken it off his blog, but you can find the original post here. // I really enjoyed "10 Myths About Introverts." I am an introvert, although I hover around the borderline. This rang very true to me and I am asking Jacob (who is extroverted) to read it because I think it will help him understand me better. Especially Myth #5! Right now he just laughs when I fall asleep for ten hours straight immediately after a happy hour with friends (true story - that was Sunday night). And it's fine, because it's a little funny, but I honestly need to recharge. Leave me alone with my art supplies and my laptop and I will make things while watching my favorite TV shows for twelve hours straight. But put me at a party and I will begin fighting the urge to fall asleep after about an hour. That's me!
- This post about Planned Parenthood is so important and simultaneously so sad. With all of the debate about abortion and Planned Parenthood, I think so much of the other things they do goes unseen, often getting lost in the politics.
- After a visit to the Seattle Art Museum (SAM) on Saturday, I discovered Joe Ledbetter and his amazing artwork. Granted, it was because I liked a figurine (from his Chinese Zodiac collection) in the gift shop... but hey, it was still technically in the SAM!
Daydreamer, by Joe Ledbetter
- For any other bloggers out there with amateur photoshop skills, Kaelah's "Learning How to Batch Edit Using Photoshop Elements" is a life saver.
- Need a laugh? My good friend Tina introduced me to Bloggess and her epically funny post, "And that's why you should learn to pick your battles." Seriously, that picture with the giant chicken and the caption just kills me. Read it - you'll see. Jenny (aka Bloggess) is coming to Seattle soon for her book tour, so Tina and I may go see her!
Have you read any good articles lately? If you want me to share what I read like this, let me know and I will try to do this more often!