Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Florence and the Machine Concert... and Link Love

Saturday was my awesome friend Olivia's birthday! After dinner at Red Robin (Olivia's favorite), a group of us went to see Florence and the Machine. I have actually never heard their music before, but it was cool - unique and fun. Florence has a soothing voice and puts on a lively performance. Plus, her accent is so cool. You might not think so if you're from England, but I'm not and I think it's pretty awesome.



I loved the lighting and stage. Florence was basically a dancing luminous bohemian fairy!





Happy 25th, Olivia! We had so much fun celebrating with you!

Now that you have seen the pretty pictures, I have some reading to share with you. I read a lot of blogs and a few random articles each day. I generally flag my favorites - cool DIY's, recipes I want to try, artwork I discovered, pretty posts, or articles/posts I enjoyed. So today I thought, why not share a few of them here (plus my thoughts)?

- Ashley wrote "A Hero in the Midst of Tragedy," a tribute to one of the twelve movie-goers (someone she knew personally) who died in Colorado just after midnight on Friday. After a lot of contemplation, I almost wrote a post about it, but I just don't have anything of enough substance to say. Just read Ashley's post.

- EDIT: Adam has taken it off his blog, but you can find the original post here. // I really enjoyed "10 Myths About Introverts." I am an introvert, although I hover around the borderline. This rang very true to me and I am asking Jacob (who is extroverted) to read it because I think it will help him understand me better. Especially Myth #5! Right now he just laughs when I fall asleep for ten hours straight immediately after a happy hour with friends (true story - that was Sunday night). And it's fine, because it's a little funny, but I honestly need to recharge. Leave me alone with my art supplies and my laptop and I will make things while watching my favorite TV shows for twelve hours straight. But put me at a party and I will begin fighting the urge to fall asleep after about an hour. That's me!

- This post about Planned Parenthood is so important and simultaneously so sad. With all of the debate about abortion and Planned Parenthood, I think so much of the other things they do goes unseen, often getting lost in the politics.

- After a visit to the Seattle Art Museum (SAM) on Saturday, I discovered Joe Ledbetter and his amazing artwork. Granted, it was because I liked a figurine (from his Chinese Zodiac collection) in the gift shop... but hey, it was still technically in the SAM!

Daydreamer, by Joe Ledbetter

- For any other bloggers out there with amateur photoshop skills, Kaelah's "Learning How to Batch Edit Using Photoshop Elements" is a life saver.

- Need a laugh? My good friend Tina introduced me to Bloggess and her epically funny post, "And that's why you should learn to pick your battles." Seriously, that picture with the giant chicken and the caption just kills me. Read it - you'll see. Jenny (aka Bloggess) is coming to Seattle soon for her book tour, so Tina and I may go see her!

Have you read any good articles lately? If you want me to share what I read like this, let me know and I will try to do this more often!

12 comments:

  1. Excellent articles and recommendations to other posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia!! <3

      Hehe, I was trying to figure out (and make sure) it was you, the Olivia I know and love. But all I had to do was go back to your Olivia Meets World blog from back in the day... I clicked your very first past. Saw "Spain" and "Thomas Friedman" and knew I had the right girl! Hehe.

      Also the bright orange swirly background on your BLOB blog was a good clue too... =D

      Delete
  2. So awesome you went to Florence and the machine concert! I do love her music and accent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I don't know if you grew up in Australia or just live there now, but I bet you have a pretty cool "accent" yourself!

      Delete
  3. Oh man, so jealous you got to see them in concert! They're on of my favorites - she's an amazing singer ♥

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I learned that Saturday! She has such a great stage presence too, and you can tell she just loves performing, so the concert was a lot of fun!

      Delete
  4. i am a jelly factory right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7/26/2012

    The introverts article you posted about here is very interesting. I can totally see the stuff it talks about in you. You're my little introvert. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This better be Jacob otherwise this is a really sketchy comment! Hehe just kidding - I knew from the nose. =D

      Delete
  6. OMG this is on my bucket list! I love Florence + the machine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they're coming to where you live on their US tour? It was so much fun!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate it so much! I moderate, so don't be worried if your comment takes some time to appear. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...